Beta is well known for making high quality offroad 2 stroke dirt bikes. Hell, they make high-quality 4 strokes as well. One thing that Beta is not known for in the dirt bike world is motocross dirt bikes.
Not because Beta cannot make a good motocross dirt bike they just never have built one….
Until now…..The all-new
2021 Beta RX 300 2 Stroke
There isn’t a ton of information but you can reserve yours on Beta Motorcycle’s website .
It’s awesome to see more dirt bike manufacturers taking risks and build new dirt bikes for different niches. While I am mostly an offroad dirt bike rider I still get excited to see new dirt bikes. Especially 2 strokes.
2021 Beta 300 RX Features:
- 300cc 2 Stroke engine with power built for motocross
- 19″ rear wheel and a 21″ front wheel
- Electric start
- 6 Speed Transmission
- 219 lbs (Dry Weight)
- Seat Height 37.3″
- Stiffer built MX suspension
- Longer suspension travel
- You can adjust the power valve as needed
- Exhaust pipe that is plated for MX
- Moto Stand included for all RX models (sneak preview??)
2021 Beta 300 RX Engine specifications:
- Type: Beta-Built single-cylinder, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled, with BPV power valve system and electric start with a back-up kick starter sold as an option
- Bore: 72mm
- Displacement: 293.1cc
- Compression Ratio: 12.9:1
- Exhaust Valve: Beta Progressive Valve (BPV)
- Lubrication: Pre-Mix
- Carburetor: Keihin PWK 38mm
- Clutch: 6-Spring wet multi-disc
- Transmission: 6-speed
How tall is the 2021 Beta 300 RX?
Frame: Molybdenum steel/double cradle w/quick air filter access.
Seat Height: 37.3”
Ground Clearance: 12.9”
Footrest Height: 16”
Dry Weight: 219 lbs. (dry weight)
Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.55 US gallons
Front Suspension: 48 mm KYB AOS Closed Cartridge fork, adjustable compression & rebound.
Rear Suspension: Aluminum Body Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression
Front Wheel Travel: 12.15”
Rear Wheel Travel: 11.6”
Front Brake: 260mm floating rotor
Rear Brake: 240mm rotor
Front/Rear Rim: 21” (Front) 19” (Rear)
Front/Rear Tire: Michelin Starcross
Warranty: 6 month Limited Warranty
How Much Does the Beta 300 RX Cost?
MSRP on the BETA 300RX: $9199
The big question is this the beginning of Beta trying their hand at the Motocross world? Will we see other 2021 Beta RX motocross models be released this year?
Will they sponsor a factory Beta Supercross and Beta Motocross team?
I hope so. It will be fun to see what they come up with. I have always respected Beta and their ownership and what the build for the dirt bike community.